Learning Loops is a patented process that provides a more useful & engaging way to test people on what they know than standard multiple-choice tests.
The process was originally developed by RSVP Design to create a physical playing card-based game, used in experiential learning activities such as Cultural Connections
This testing process overcomes many issues associated with traditional multiple choice questions:
1. Multiple choice questions provide a strong element of chance in that guessing the answer can be a useful strategy.
2. Multiple choice questions need to be paired with answers and the resultant questions checked.
3. There is no simple way to easily engage a group of learners in a traditional multiple choice test.
4. There is no simple way to ensure that groups of learners cannot copy answers from each other in an asynchronous test.
5. There is no quick way for learners to obtain quick feedback, or self-score their multiple choice tests without prior access to the correct answers.
Click the link below that explains why testing should be encouraged – to aid learning and not just for assessment purposes!
The physical card-based version provides some solutions to the multiple choice quiz issues but when moved to an online platform, Learning Loops provides even greater options such as:
1. Create one set of questions and answers, and produce multiple numbering options and configurations for each user
2. Have users access the quiz whether offline or online on a mobile device, automatically storing the information on their performance for upload when internet access is available.
3. Prevent the ‘guessing strategy’ but support cautious learners through available ‘hints’.
4. Provide immediate feedback on scores as the test progresses.
5. Instantly publish and withdraw tests to groups of users at the touch of a button.
6. Collect data automatically with test scores, time taken, hints used, mistakes, abandonment and other data available for individuals and cohorts.
Administrators access the quiz creation and publishing features through a secure web interface – see a sample:
To download the free iOS test App click here: Free iOS App
To download the free Android test App click here: Free Android App
Learning Loops is an ideal alternative to multiple-choice testing to confirm knowledge and awareness of a specific subject matter.